Nursery Practitioner Level 3
Jungle Tots are looking for a dynamic and self-motivated nursery practitioner, to join our highly dedicated nursery team, to deliver high-quality childcare and embrace exciting opportunities for learning and growing your career. The role could be either full or part-time.
New job? Work with us and join a great day nursery team
Looking for a new day nursery job? Are you highly skilled yet feel your talents are not being fully utilised in your current role? We’re on the lookout for exceptional talent to join us in creating Peterborough’s best children’s day nursery (our day nursery is in the same building as Safari Play)
Jungle Tots is a bright and fresh day nursery that opened in January 2020. Our relatively new nursery boasts all new equipment, along with a large purposely built garden area. We have three spacious rooms for the children, all with fresh air, natural light, air conditioning and heating. We use Blossom to log the children’s development and care diaries to update the parents.
As a practitioner, you will be required to work shifts as and when required within all age groups and to develop your skills through working alongside other practitioners who will be able to share best practice.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Safeguarding of children at all times
- Create a trusting rapport with parents
- Acting as designated key person for an allocated number of children.
- Update parents on their child’s day and development
- Show enthusiasm and commitment to the nursery
- Help create a setting that is clean and welcoming, with well-kept educational resources
- Ensure you observe, plan, and assess children’s learning and development within the EYFS framework.
- Plan and deliver exciting and age-appropriate activities
- Encourage and praise children’s development and achievements.
- Display a real desire and capability to achieve the highest standards in childcare
- Speak up against practices that do not support safeguarding.
- Adhere to our policies.
You will need to have the following qualifications, training, and experience:
- Previous experience working and caring for children under 5 (Desirable)
- Level 2 Early Years or Childcare qualification (essential) or Level 3 (desirable)
- A willingness to undertake relevant childcare qualifications in the future (Desirable)
- Passion to deliver high-quality childcare and exciting learning opportunities
The role offers the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- Big staff room so you get a proper break and socialise with your colleagues
- Discounted food at Safari Play for your break times (It is YUMMY food!)
- Air con – remember last summer! Well, you and our children won’t get hot and bothered inside in the summer
- Access to biggest soft play in East England which is a lovely place to play and look after the children, as well as an amazing outdoor garden
- Bright and spacious nursery that has lots of resources making your job enjoyable and rewarding
- Summer family BBQ for you and your immediate family
- Monthly ‘YOU are a star’ employee award – for staff who have done amazing things
- An open-door management policy – always feel like you can come and talk to us
- Free parking – and lots of it!
- Free staff uniform – Jungle Tots branded shirts and fleeces
- Quarterly Employee of the Quarter award
- Annual evening out and awards evening
- A personal development plan to help you reach your goals and targets
- Staff pension
- Ongoing professional development, training, and promotional opportunities.
- Discounted childcare rates if required
- Full and part time positions available
We reserve the right to close a job prior to the initial closing date.
Jungle Tots are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
We have both full and part-time roles available, so if you think this sounds like a great fit, please email your CV and your answers to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online –
- Why are you looking for a new job?
- Why excites you about working in childcare?
- If you are in a job at the moment what is your notice period?